So this is a Saturday I have to work, and it's....really not that bad at all. I think it's because I got a little more sleep than usual, hehe. Oh, I have so much to catch up on. There's still a friend I've been meaning to call. *makes note in phone* Yesterday I got the idea for trying a 3-D puzzle, so that'll probably a task to keep me going for a while. (Most likely it'll stay on the shelf when it's done, so it won't feel like a complete waste. Like people who put ships in bottles? Kinda the same thing only not as challenging.)
- There was nothing on sale on Black Friday that I thought was worth buying.
- My Christmas list is almost complete. Woo hoo!
- I'm going shopping after work. Another woo hoo! Just think of all that mall traffic on Thanksgiving weekend! It'll be a blast!!!!!
- I'm going to a little company banquet/dinner thing with Leanna. This scores a 3.5 on the Suck-O-Meter. Why would I have any reason to go to a company dinner if I don't work for the company and I'm not married to someone who does? Think about this for a minute. Being a guest is one thing, but these people are complete strangers and it'll most likely wind up being some "pat on the back" fluff. Why am I going again? Oh yeah, because I'm a good friend with nothing better to do with my weekend.
- I want to say "Gas prices are still low," but c'mon, you know that.
- This bullet is here just because I haven't made a list in a while.
Some people are already sending out Christmas cards. That should be a bullet point, but it almost deserves its own section. I talked about the people who put up their Christmas lights early or left them up all year, didn't I? It doesn't bother me. Walk into any Hallmark or mall already and you'll see nothing but Christmas decor with complete inventories of cards for couples, friends, godparents...I didn't see one for babysitters but I'm sure they're there...relatives, co-workers, people who are just "there" -- Hallmark is huge. Did you know they own Crayola? Really. Look on the back of any Crayola box and you'll see that famous Hallmark crown.
That's about all that's on my mind today, loyal reader. As with any entry, leave a note, an e-mail, or a nothing. What is a nothing? A quick Google search showed me this blog entry that I loved, so I felt the need to link it, as well as the site that's serious about promoting it. Look, a can of it:
Until next time, take care!